Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Journals

Anyone interested in genealogy knows that finding the journal of an ancestor is an absolute treasure.  So, wouldn't it be great if we kept our own journals for our descendants?  I faithfully kept journals all through my tween, teen, and early married years, but since having children, I have stopped.  I feel so sad about this as these are the years my children will be most interested in reading.  But as all moms know, time just seems to slip through your fingers and there is not enough time to do everything wanted.  So, when I found out about LDSJournal.com, I was very happy.  I now have a quick, easy way to record my life in journal-format, even if it's just one sentence or two for a day.  It's much easier to type an entry into this journal than to go upstairs, dig my journal out of my hope chest, and hand-write an entry.  Best of all, it's free for anyone to use.  Just set up your account and you're good to go.  Here are some of the features:

  • You can just keep your journal private or you can share it with others.  
  • Include a "smiley" in the title of your entry to share your mood during that time.
  • Record entries from home or from your cell.
  • Get automated reminders to write in your journal.
  • Include pictures and footnotes.
  • Print it out or pay to have it printed and bound into a book.
Check out LDSJournal.com and get to recording your life!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Thanks for the last two posts! I really am excited about the journal place.